[Sugar-devel] How to find the repository of an activity?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Sep 24 19:15:34 EDT 2014

Thanks for taking my patches.

A general question; what method do you use to find the source
repository of an activity?

While looking for the repository for the Log activity I found that
there's no pointer in the activity bundle.

We have pointers to sources in firmware, in Debian and Ubuntu
packages, and in some RPM spec files, and these pointers save me some
time.

Some activity bundles have useful information:

The ImageViewer and Speak activities have

	homepage  = http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Image_Viewer
	homepage  = http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Speak

The Maze activity has

	repository = gitorious at git.sugarlabs.org:maze/mainline.git

The TurtleBlocks activity has

	website = http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Turtle_Art

The Measure activity has

	update_url = http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1

A specification of the activity.info format doesn't mention website,
repository, or homepage.  It does mention update_url.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Almanac/Activity_Bundles#.info_file_format

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 09:53:51AM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Thanks James.
> Released a new version with your changes.
> I moved the activity to github too ([1]https://github.com/godiard/log-activity)
>
> Gonzalo
>
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM, James Cameron <[2]quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>     Log collections showed wrong firmware version.  Cause was use of the BV
>     tag instead of openprom/model.  The BV tag is the base version of
>     firmware used in manufacturing.  openprom/model is the current version
>     of firmware.
>
>     Also separated null trimming into a separate method.
>     ---

[...]

--
James Cameron