[Sugar-devel] Social Help

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Sep 16 22:53:29 EDT 2014

My guess is that you would need to authorise GitHub to use your
account on Social Help.  I've looked at GitHub profile, Applications,
but there is no obvious method to do this.

I had no trouble setting up a local account, and this was my preferred
method.  I do not wish to expose my GitHub account to attack via other
platforms such as Social Help.  Not because I distrust Sam, but more
that I don't want to give him the added responsibility.

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:45:30PM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> Hmm. I get an error trying to authorize my account:
>
> "Sorry, there was an error authorizing your Github account. Perhaps
> you did not approve authorization?"
>
> -walter
>
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 6:54 PM, Sam P. <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The Social Help fourm is now open! Check it out at: socialhelp.sugarlabs.org
> >
> > I would encourage everyone to get an account now and secure your username!
> > If you would like to be an admin or mod that would be awsome, just tell me
> > your nick.
> >
> > I think that social help will be a whole new place for users and developers
> > to discuss sugar!
> >
> > Sam
> >
> > By the way: I have been thinking about the new aslo and social help; they
> > have simmilar aims of better connunication. I think that we could replace a
> > comment/rating system (in the new aslo) with the social help fourm. The new
> > commenting system is based around discussion but is nowhere as good as
> > discourse! This is a bit weird so I would like to hear what you think.

> Walter Bender
> Sugar Labs
> http://www.sugarlabs.org

James Cameron