[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Testing Sugar Activities Fedora-Live-SoaS-i686-21_Beta-4

Iain Brown Douglas iain at browndouglas.plus.com
Tue Nov 25 09:56:37 EST 2014

On Tue, 2014-11-25 at 13:09 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Sebastian Silva
> <sebastian at somosazucar.org> wrote:
> > btw it's sneaky to remove funcionality in a .spec file, no?
>
> No, it's not, it happens all the time. It might be that it breaks in
> certain situations, isn't re-distributable, causes problems the
> upstream maintainer won't fix or any number of other reasons. What
> ever the reason is it's historical and not documented, I wouldn't
> assume malice. It's likely because translations or similar were broken
> at the time. I mean we are talking the heady days of Fedora 14 when it
> was removed!
>
> Peter

> >> I added Alice and Sara (spanish bot) but was not aware it was removed.
> >> It certainly runs quite well in spanish XO1, as deployed in Peru.
> >> I was not aware of responsible for the removed functionality nor was I
> >> aware of any bugs related to it or performance.
> >>
> >> Please add it back
> >> Sebastian Silva
> >> http://somosazucar.org/

Just an observation, mainly from what I learned the past few days,
rather than memory.

Alice's brain in Speak has mysteriously appeared and disappeared for me
in SoaS.

I just ran a SoaS Coconut CD, with Speak-29 on it. No functioning brain.
However I am guessing at the time I used it last, Speak would have been
updated from ASLO, and as a "Stick", the brain would have been
functioning.

Iain