[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] EToys-116 <- Tests with Fedora-Live-SoaS-i686-21-TC3

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 17:40:46 EST 2014

>>> Thank you Bert for your reply,
>>> Yes, Etoys starts ok when I simply:
>>> run "etoys" from the Terminal activity.
>>> Why is this? what is wrong with the Sugar launcher?
>>

>> I have no idea.
>> The error message should actually mean it doesn't work at all.
>> But you're saying it is running, albeit incorrectly ("screen filled with
>> cars").
>> Maybe those two are unrelated.
>> The latter might have to do with being run full-screen vs. windowed.
>> We didn't change anything in Etoys so I think it must be some
>> environmental change?
>>
>> - Bert -
>

> Below you will find some comments on EToys-116 tested
> with Fedora-Live-SoaS-i686-21-TC3 (run in English or in French).
> Previous tests were run with Fedora-Live-SoaS-i686-21_Beta-4.

I've been considering dropping etoys for a number of releases, the
maintainer has been asked to migrate away from the long deprecated
sugar-presence-service for years and still hasn't. I've not seen, at
least announced on the standard sugar lists, a new version of it for
quite some time. I think it's time to drop it.

Peter