[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Testing Sugar Activities Fedora-Live-SoaS-i686-21_Beta-4

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Nov 24 06:10:55 EST 2014

On 23.11.2014, at 20:25, Iain Brown Douglas <iain at browndouglas.plus.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2014-11-22 at 16:16 +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>> On 22.11.2014, at 15:15, Jean THIERY <Jean.Thiery at ModLibre.info> wrote:
>>>
>>> EToys-116 displays
>>> « Cannot find image file: squeak, did you run 'initsqueak -m'? »
>>> After clicking on this message,
>>> the screen is filled by cars and is not usable.
>>
>> That looks weird ... does it work if you run "etoys" from the Terminal activity?
>
> Thank you Bert for your reply,
>
> Yes, Etoys starts ok when I simply:
>
> run "etoys" from the Terminal activity.
>
> Why is this? what is wrong with the Sugar launcher?

I have no idea. The error message should actually mean it doesn't work at all. But you're saying it is running, albeit incorrectly ("screen filled with cars"). Maybe those two are unrelated. The latter might have to do with being run full-screen vs. windowed. We didn't change anything in Etoys so I think it must be some environmental change?

- Bert -