[Sugar-devel] new to sugar labs (Gonzalo Odiard)

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Sun Nov 16 22:58:29 EST 2014

I downloaded and tested.
Yes, that is the idea. Need fine tuning to make it more playable.
By example, was difficult for me see the numbers at times,
and was too fast at other times.
The basic idea of the game is help you make easy operations.
I think TuxMath have more options, but I am not sure
what operations are used in the field.
In the end, I would like see another type of mat game,
where the story prompted solve problems like
how many meters of woods do you need to build a bridge across the river,
etc,
then the math is needed to solve problems, you can measure, buy materials
and so.

Gonzalo

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Lionel Laské <lionel at olpc-france.org>
wrote:

> Tank Operation activity [1] is a Sugar Web TuxMath clone.
> At least it was my intention :-)
>
>              Lionel.
>
> [1] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en/sugar/addon/4733

>> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 17:25:24 -0300
>> From: Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org>
>> To: Ankush Khandelwal <ankush.k at research.iiit.ac.in>,   Sugar-dev Devel
>>         <sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>
>> Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] new to sugar labs
>>
>> To look for sugar bugs check at bugs.sugarlabs.org
>>
>> About physics, I would like to have a version of Physics activity [1]
>> implemented as a HTML/JS with one of the multiple physics game engines
>> availables on javascript.
>> Or you can create some game based on math or physics.
>> I am not a big fan, but TusMath [3] is very popular in the deployments,
>> and we always have problems with that, because is a binary,
>> and honestly could be better implemented
>>
>> Please, subscribe to our mailing list [4], and we can continue the
>> communication there.
>>
>> Gonzalo
>>
>> [1] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4193
>> [2]
>>
>> https://www.google.com/search?q=physics+games&oq=physics&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.5288j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8#q=javascript+physics+engine
>> [3] http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/tuxmath/

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning