[Sugar-devel] Meeting with cordova committers

Puneet Kaur puneet.gkaur at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 07:06:18 EST 2014

Hi all,

In context to the discussion during the feature meeting on thursday, I
would like to write about our meeting with the cordova developers.

I think it is very essential to arrange a meeting between the two
communities because without that it is difficult to make the cordova people
realize the importance of the project and we would face a lot of resistance
from their side regarding the acceptance of our pull requests in the
cordova repo. We would need to publish this repo of ours :
https://github.com/puneetgkaur/cordova-sugar (which is completedly
independent of any sugar code) under the apache license just like we have
for other platforms : https://github.com/apache/cordova-android ,
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios,
https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows. I hope we have no problem with
that.

Once its made clear to the cordova community regarding the people from whom
they should be expecting the pull request then it would be easier for them
to issue a green signal for the same. At the present I have observed that
the cordova community is not so open regarding committing our changes, once
they are made aware of the fact that they would be receiving the pull
request for this very purpose, then I think they would be more acceptable
to our changes and more welcoming in their responses than now.

I have written a few mails in the community and can also approach the
phonegap committers(same as cordova) through the internal adobe network but
its difficult to make them realize our work unless we arrange a meeting
between the two ends.

I would request Lionel, Walter, Gonzalo and Martin and all other sugar
developers who have an important role to play here to join in the meeting
with the main developers on the phonegap side. I have identified a few
important people in the cordova community namely steven gill , shazron and
lorin beer - who are currently working dedicatedly on the phonegap and
cordova projects. Would be great if we can arrange a meeting with them.

Regards,
Puneet