[Sugar-devel] ASLO

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Mon May 26 08:25:16 EDT 2014

* UI localized

> I have that feature, but no translations :)

Maybe you can publish how to translate it? There are a file with strings to
translate?

> * Activities have categories
>>

> I will add that. I'm not really sure what categories to do, maybe these:
> http://jsfiddle.net/H5sAH/2/ (I tried to base it off the ASLO but the
> ASLO's categories IMHO are pretty confusing)?

Maybe, this is something to discuss. Is good have a list to start

> Also maybe put the categories in a categories field in activity.info?

+1

* make easier publish a new version

> * automatic publish of development versions with github hooks
>>

> I think so. I've probably also made it a pain to not use github hooks :)
>

>> * bugs reports? (will create bus in bugs.sugarlabs.org?)
>>

> That is a good idea! Maybe let developers choose between that and github
> issues?

I don't know. In general I think is better have a centralized place for
bugs.
By example, at times volunteers ask for tasks to do,
or we used the information in the tickets to create task for Google Code In.

>  * improve communication with the developers?
>>

> Well the aslo2 has lost all references to firefox :)

I don't understand this point.

> Also I have replies in that comments which let developers or community
> members reply, and I should add email notifications.

Another information than would be good explained in the wiki page,
is what are the changes proposed for the activity.info file.

--
Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning