[Sugar-devel] ASLO

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 06:47:25 EDT 2014

Hi Gonzalo,

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org>wrote:

> First, the more visible issue: the animations are not good for the XOs.

I have toned them down an bit, it is working smoothly on an xo4 now :)
Is it still an issue on the other laptops?

I also removed some of the css tricks and replaced them with js
because webkit 1 is a bit like internet explorer. I have a bit more
debugging to do though (some really weird bugs).

> Second, I see you are investing a ton of work on this.
> I don't know if there are some wiki page with the plan about
> what features would need a hypothetical ASLO2..
> if is not, can you prepare one with the points we already discussed?

Here you go: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ASLO2

Have I missed any?

> One feature in the actual ASLO is try detect the sugar version
> (Browse activity set the sugar version in the user_agent)
> and show you the the last activity version compatible with your Sugar
> version)
> If can't identify the Sugar version, show a "defaut version" I think now
> is configured
> as Sugar 0.94 or so. That is the reason at times you don't see the last
> activity
> version in ASLO. May be you can ask to the user and set a cookie.
>
> Other useful feature in ASLO is show all the versions and let the user
> download anyone.

I will add that. Right now I have made the bot master save the bundles in
a kinda stupid way, just ID_latest.xo and ID_devel.xo. I will fix this and
add
those features.

> I am curious about if your site is taking all the information from the .xo
> file,
> as we talked, could you document the logic on the same wiki page?

It is :)
I have put the logic on the wiki page.

Thanks,
 Sam