[Sugar-devel] Atom shell

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 07:01:17 EDT 2014

Hi,

Another (almost the same) example to check out is
https://github.com/adobe/brackets-shell

All of these seem to be based off CEF3 (chrome embedded framework).

Just BTW: I played around with CEF3 python with GTK. It really doesn't work
:(

I really like the idea of using some CEF3 thing to replace WebKitGTK. CEF3
has everything that the new chromes have (gl, webcam stuff, fast js, less
crashes...). This could help with the web activities.

I think we have to decide between: a good browser engine and some hacky or
c code VS a neat, feature-less GTK WebKit thing.

Just some ideas,
Sam