[Sugar-devel] Activity Idea

Kartik Kumar Perisetla kartik.peri at gmail.com
Sat May 10 08:48:46 EDT 2014

Hi Walter,

So what I understand is we allow children to share/upload their content on
Slideshare through Web service(consuming SlideShare web service natively in
sugar inspite of a separate activity altogether). Like child can upload a
presentation through context menu on presentation within Sugar. right ?

But, I was also planning to include mechanism to give access to millions of
presentation on SlideShare and offline storage mechanism. I strongly feel
that the way Wikipedia proved beneficial, access to presentation will also
benefit them.

Feel free to share your inputs !

Thanks!

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>wrote:

> correct URL
>
> wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Web_Services
>
> Putlocker or gdrive may be the best examples
>

> On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> maybe consider making this a webservice like the facebook webservice? See
>> wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Webservices
>>
>> regards
>>
>> -walter
>>

>> On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Kartik Kumar Perisetla <
>> kartik.peri at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am planning to work upon an sugar activity which will be an native
>>> Sugar app of SlideShare platform. This will enable children using Sugar to
>>> share presentations on content network(SlideShare).
>>>
>>> For the first cut, I am planning to include search, content viewer and
>>> offline storage of presentations. This will give advantage to children to
>>> save presentations for offline views.
>>>
>>> What do you think about it?
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>> --