[Sugar-devel] API-string freeze break request

Martin Abente Lahaye tch at sugarlabs.org
Thu May 8 11:50:35 EDT 2014

Hello Everyone,

Ad-hoc networks have been used intensively in Australia lately, thus some
issues have been reported specifically about how ad-hoc auto-connect logic
works.

Therefore, I have submitted two late enhancements to ad-hoc network
management in Sugar [1].

One of these changes requires to add a new gsettings key in order to leave
the auto-connect functionality as optional (instead of fixed as it is
today) [2].

This breaks the API and string freeze breaks, so I would like to hear other
developers feedback about if we should make an exception for this one.

Thanks for your time,
tch.

Refs:
1. https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/375