[Sugar-devel] Presentation

Gabriel Hernán Perez glpp2014.gsoc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 16:14:31 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,
My name is Gabriel and I am a mathematics student from Buenos Aires,
Argentina. I have some experience with Smalltalk and Python and I'm looking
forward to keep working on my skills. That's why I want to participate on
GSOC this summer through this community :)
I discovered Sugar Labs through Ricardo Moran, a coworker (who I think
introduced himself earlier in this list). I became interested because of my
previous contact with Etoys, which initially helped me to understand
different OO concepts.
During this GSOC I'd like to work on a touch-capable interface for Etoys,
given how useful and intuitive I found it when I first started learning
about computer sciences and the current popularity of touch devices (and
how Sugar seems to wish to incorporate this technology into future
platforms).
Here's a link to my application's wiki page (still working on it):
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2014/Etoys_Touch_UI
That being said, I hope to hear from you all soon!
Regards,
Gabriel.