[Sugar-devel] Sugar Web Activity Sound

Kevin Kreuzer kevin.kreuzer90 at icloud.com
Mon Jun 23 05:52:58 EDT 2014

Hello

I am developing a Sugar Web Activity.
I have installed osbuild on an Linux Fedora to have a full Sugar environment.

In my application I want to include sounds. If I visit a website with the browser in Sugar I am able to play sounds. I have already written the code for the sound.
This code looks like this:

var backgroundmusic = new Audio("");
document.body.appendChild(backgroundmusic);
backgroundmusic.src = „blabla.ogg"
backgroundmusic.play();

Everything works perfectly fine if I start my application with Sugarizer in a Web Browser by double clicking on the index.html.
But if I run my application on Sugar it doesn’t work. If have tried now for a few days and I am always getting the same result.

Am I missing any configuration or is there something wrong with my installation?

Thanks for the help