[Sugar-devel] [GSoC] Updates on Bulletin Board

Athar Haque findathar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 21:38:24 EDT 2014

Yeah, dragging is detectable in that case too. I wanted to put it it
differently. I forgot to mention in the previous mail if we consider the
dragging and selection, the cursor would be the text selection cursor and
also it may happen that a text portion is selected and the widget is being
dragged along with it at the same time. This might create a mess.

I coudn't get a clear picture of your alternative solution.

On Jun 10, 2014 6:29 AM, "Walter Bender" <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Athar Haque <findathar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dragging a textview would mean dragging from anywhere inside the text
box. This would disable the text from being selected for cut-copy-paste
operations. So in my opinion it will either drag or select a portion of the
text.

> I think you can detect dragging separately from clicking. Alternatively,
I'd suggest you put a "handle" on chat window to drag from instead of a
button in the middle of the window (maybe a 'hand' button).

> -walter
>>
>> On Jun 10, 2014 5:24 AM, "Walter Bender" <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Bit sure why you need a separate "drag" button. Why not just drag the
textbox?

>>> -walter

for feedback from you all so that we can improve upon it.

http://native-93.tumblr.com/post/87323850971/layout-chat-interface.