[Sugar-devel] Regarding issues with soundcard in XO

Aneesh Dogra lionaneesh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 02:36:56 EDT 2014

Hello guys,

I was trying to run TamTamEdit and Simple Music Keyboard on XO and am stuck
on this weird set of errors I am getting.

Some background:

I can hear the splash sound on the startup so the sound card is in place.
But as soon as I am in the sugarlabs environment, I cannot:

- change the sound volume using the widget
- open alsamixer: It says "mixer: no such file or directory"
- The log for the tamtam says that ALSA failed to find the sound card and
that somehow crashes the application.
- I tried using alsactl to init the soundcard but again gives the same
error. "Cannot find soundcard 0"

Do you have any insights on this? Apparently the soundcard is not properly
configured and I have no idea how to go about fixing this problem. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks
Aneesh Dogra (lionaneesh)