[Sugar-devel] Help required with webservices

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 17:26:51 EDT 2014

Hi

On Jun 9, 2014 5:49 AM, "Prasoon Shukla" <prasoon92.iitr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, the question. I've been told a few times to use the existing
webservices mechanism to store a user's session so that the user won't need
to login every time he opens the activity. However, there is no need for
it, IMO. The activity, as I've mentioned already, is a web browser, of all
things, and can happily store cookies so that users will be logged in every
time they open the activity.

I think people wanted a way to sign in automatically with out
registering.....

So browse activity (or social help activity) can generate a:
* unique user id
* avatar from the users XO colors
* name (from sugar username)
* and maybe fake email to collect all the users notification and display
them in sugar
And tell this to the form software so it can automatically give them an
account and sign them in.

I also want to try and do something like this for the ASLO, so maybe we can
work together?

> So, what's the use of using the webservice mechanism in such a case?

If you want have a service in the journal to put files in the cloud.  Or of
you want to view files in the cloud :)

Sam