[Sugar-devel] New ASLO

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jul 31 17:14:20 EDT 2014

Sam,

This is a promising work. I will do my personal observations.
but don't take it wrong, is a good start, and more important,
you are the only brave who is trying to accomplish this big and difficult
task.

My main concerns are:

* scalability: some things work with 10 items but not 500.
ASLO have almost 500 activities right now.
By example, a single json file for 500 activities is not a good idea,
but a directory with a json file for every one can be better.
Then a process can create a "index" json file with minimal informaton
if needed collection from the others.

* design: i am not a designer, and there are very few hackers who are also
good designers.
You are clearly a good hacker but need help with the design.
IMHO (because I have said, I am not a designer) would be better make it
simpler,
avoid the animations, background images, and put a white background.

I have not tested with the different XO models, but I don't think is
difficult to use.

Regards,

Gonzalo

--
Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning