[Sugar-devel] IMPORTANT: Updating information about repositories in the Pootle server

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jul 31 16:57:01 EDT 2014

As you might know, pootle, our translation server, is down,
and a group brave sysadmins is trying to bring it to live again.

This is a good opportunity to make sure we have the right information about
the
activities and modules repositories.

Why is this important? The pootle server have configured a git repository
for every module, then, get the sources, create the list of strings to
translate,
and when the translations are done, push the translations files to the
repository.
If the repository information is wrong, the translations will never reach
the sources,
and finally the users.

We know some activities were moved from git.sugarlabs.org to github.com
This was discussed in the past, is less infrastructure to maintain,
some problems are already solved (like send notifications to the maintainers
on pull requests), and provide more visibility to the project.
>From another side, if you are a maintainer and planned to move your activity
repository, this is a good moment to do it.

I started a list of all the modules in pootle, to allow a easier
configuration
of pootle when this starts to work.

IF YOU ARE A  MAINTAINER, PLEASE FILL THE INFORMATION
FOR YOUR ACTIVITY/MODULE

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation_Team/Pootle_Projects/Repositories

A final note: pootle use the branch "master" always.
Then, branches with other names should be used only in a temporary way.

Thanks!!!!
--
Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning