[Sugar-devel] Cannot connect to internet on school server

Jerry Vonau me at jvonau.ca
Thu Jul 31 10:42:09 EDT 2014

Sorry for the delay, if you only have one network interface by using
xs-setup-network you have given your only interface the internal address
that has no gateway. Here is what I would do:

1) stop the network
2) rename ifcfg-eth0 to ifcfg-eth0.old
3) rename ifcfg-eth1 to ifcfg-eth0
4) edit the renamed ifcfg-eth0 file changing DEVICE=eth1 to DEVICE=eth0
5) start the network

That should give you a default route to the internet when viewing the
routing tables with "ip route ls". You might have to change some other
files if you can't ping the hostname 'schoolserver'

good luck,

Jerry