[Sugar-devel] How to resolve a GError while writing UI tests for Read

Gaurav Parida gparida94 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 02:53:26 EDT 2014

I am trying to write tests for Read activity and am facing a 'GError :
timeout from dbind' while writing the test for it. The test that  I am
trying to write is to open a file in Read Activity. After, searching on the
error, I found out that as soom as Read starts, it has some dbus settings
but as soon as I open the objectchooser to open the files, it takes the
dbus settings of the journal and hence leading to atspi to assume that the
read activity has stuck and thus giving the above error.

I have attached the test that  I have written for Read till now. In order
to run it, please follow the given steps-

1. cd sugar-build/activities/Read.activity
2. mkdir -p tests/integration
3. cd tests/integration
4. cp <Downloads-directory>/test_operations.py ./
    cp <Downloads-directory>/test.txt ./
5. Now run sugar build ./osbuild run
6. Open Terminal activity
7. cd ~/activities/Read.activity
8. ./setup.py check integration #this runs the test
9. If everything runs fine, then you can see a tree like structure showing
the heirarchial arrangement of the activity as seen by atspi.
10. If you stumbled with GError, then you see "EEEEEEEEE : Error" in the
terminal activity.

I am attaching the test_operations.py (test file) , test.txt(sample file
that has to be opened in Read activity), screenshot of my Terminal after
running the test.

If anyone has been able to resolve this problem, then it would be a great
help to know on how to solve it. Thanks.