[Sugar-devel] Python ABC program

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 14:38:21 EDT 2014

It maybe just as easy to rewrite some of these as pure Sugar activities,
but the glue for migrating PyGame into Sugar is detailed here [1]. Perhaps
focusing on games that don't currently have a Sugar equivalent would make
the most sense? There are some flash cards (abcdetorium) and a decent
memory game (memorize) already.

regards

-walter

[1] http://flossmanuals.net/make-your-own-sugar-activities/

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM, andrew Roger Brookes <
andybrookestar at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if anyone  would be interested but I resurrected the
> Flashcards  ABC program (teach kids the Alphabet)previously available on
> schoolsplay/childsplay
>

> see  : http://www.childsplay.mobi
>
> Basically the developers allowed me access and use of archive files and
> suggested integrating it back into childsplay suite ; to be honest i'm more
> a PHP man and the python to integrate is beyond me. Also the developers
> have limited time to hold my hand on it. Anyway I wrote a standalone Python
> script to get it working see:
>
> http://www.accra-guesthouse.com/showArticle/28
>
> I guess it might fit better into sugar?I can email code and sound,image
> files in ZIp if anyone wants to have a look at it?
>
> andybrookes at gmail.com

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org