[Sugar-devel] Notification without activity instance

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 04:59:03 EDT 2014

Hi,

Three different ideas.

Number 1:
--------------

Maybe you should do this like the (non-social) help, and not display the
option for activities that don't have a form.  I'm not sure how possible
that would be; depends on your architecture.

Number 2:

Why don't you just do like what happens in the journal?

When the journal can't find any items it replaces the listview with a label
that says "Can't find anything :P" (okay, not exactly).

Number 3:

I think Walter made a pull request to add a service to show notification
banners (like you want).  Here is the pull request & discussion:
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/pull/139