[Sugar-devel] Running TamTam activities on Fedora 20

Anil Seth seth.anil at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 00:16:36 EDT 2014

Incidentally, TamTam activities don't play any sound on x86_64. The log
shows messages like
insert_score_event(): invalid instrument number or name

I narrowed down the issue using csoundSession.py
<http://www.csounds.com/journal/issue14/realtimeCsoundPython/csoundSession.py>
( http://www.csounds.com/journal/issue14/realtimeCsoundPython.html ) as a
guide to useDouble in csound. The x86_64 uses double by default but i386
uses float. The aclient.c uses MYFLT(double or float depending on compile
time option) in generic code but uses float for calls from  CSoundClient.py
:(

I haven't gotten around to rebuilding csound on x86_64 with useDouble as 0
and seeing if that is a possible workaround even on x86_64 architecture.

Regards
Anil