[Sugar-devel] Notification without activity instance

Prasoon Shukla prasoon92.iitr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 14:07:23 EDT 2014

Hi all

I've had this problem for some time now and I couldn't find a solution to
it.

The use case is like this: The user presses a keyboard shortcut
(alt+shift+c) to launch an activity. However, if a certain condition is
met, we *don't* launch the activity and instead we show the user a
notification in the currently active/running activity. I want to show a
notification and I *don't* have the activity instance on which I can attach
a NotificationAlert.

So, I need to have some sort of generic notification that does not require
an activity instance to latch on to. Walter and I had a chat a few days
back and he told me that it was possible. Unfortunately, I've been quite
busy this week and couldn't get the time to ask *how*? So, how do I do
this? It would be wonderful if you can also give a little example.

Thanks a lot.
ᐧ