[Sugar-devel] [RELEASE] Announcing Sugar 0.102.0

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jul 2 15:23:38 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:34 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org>
> wrote:
> >
> http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2014/05/28/appdata-progress-and-the-email-deluge/
> >
> > http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/appdata/
>
> Ah yes, that. I've not done anything with it for the Fedora sugar package
> set.
>
> What are your thoughts and ideas around this? It might make sense to
> have it for the sugar desktop as a whole, and possible for apps like
> TurtleArt (Blocks?) that you can actually run as a standalone app
> without sugar (at least I'm sure Walter mentioned that to me at some
> point). What are you're thoughts/suggestions?

Have sense.

Walter, do you package a .desktop file for TurtleArt? (I suppose Abacus is
similar,
I don't know about other activities).

At least, we can start with the basics. Later we can include the information
about activities as addons:
http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2014/06/11/application-addons-in-gnome-software/

Any volunteer?

Gonzalo