[Sugar-devel] Helping people to get started

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 14:56:45 EST 2014

On 23 January 2014 13:25, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:

> > * Decide what should be the entry point for developers.
>
> developer.sugarlabs.org
>
> I see it is missing the Sugarlabs brand.  I can help with that.

Great! I just landed your patches.

> > * Make sure it's well linked both from the main website and from the
> wiki,
>
> Yes, ideally developer. should be linked from sugarlabs.org homepage.
> Maybe inside the links in the header?
>
> wiki / download / activities / *develop* / donate

Yup, I was thinking to that header too. My only doubt is if we need to have
"contribute" or "join" (I prefer the first) link instead, pointing to
join.sugarlabs.org, which directly links to developer.sugarlabs.org.

I mean, honestly I'm mostly interested in developers but... :)

If we go for that, I think it would be good to make join.sugarlabs.org a
nice, static page containing only the images. And those could link out
anywhere the teams prefer.