[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Rework the wireless control panel section to respect non-wireless connections

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jan 21 19:04:03 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:41:04AM +0100, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> I'm referring to this patch, I couldn't find it before.
>
> https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/153
>
> It's actually per network, not per device, so it only forgets
> present networks.
> Can you explain why we need to be able to forget non-present ones?

To prevent a host from automatically connecting to a network that
was previously available and connected to, but is not at the moment,
due to distance or the network being off.

This may be done because of a change of ownership of a host, or a
change in the trust level of a network.

Is there any way at all to restore that security feature after
removal the "Discard network history" button?

Gnome provides a list of networks in a dialog and allows them to be
removed individually.  "Edit Connections".

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/