[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Rework the wireless control panel section to respect non-wireless connections

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jan 21 18:31:55 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 12:24:31AM +0100, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> Before we go further discussing implementation, could someone
> explain why we need a global "Discard wireless connections" button
> vs the "Forget" item in the device palette which someone has mostly
> implemented already?

Does "Forget" forget all networks, not just the ones present?

Otherwise, the only reason I can think of is the installed base
expectations and training issues.

If I recall correctly, the main use case was inability to properly
handle access points that either changed their passphrase or switched
between encrypted and not-encrypted.  If you add these test cases and
pass them, I see no major problem with removing "Discard...".

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/