[Sugar-devel] Collaboration support for sugar web activities

Emil Dudev emildudev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 19:21:55 EST 2014

Busy month...

Anyway, I checked out telepathy and tried to fix the many protocol
problems. Sadly, I gave up pretty easily. I suppose it would be easier to
rewrite the whole process from scratch.

Today I was able to recreate the basic functionality of TogetherJS' server.
>From a nodejs server, I rewrote it in python (using gwebsockets). This will
give me the ability to customize it freely.

Tomorrow I plan on building the basic invitation process using web sockets.
I suppose it will be more reliable than telepathy. And it would possibly be
better for an Android app or other systems with limited functionality.

About WebRTC: I really think that peer-to-peer connections are needed. But
at this point, I'll go with client-server connections.

gwebsockets: https://github.com/edudev/gwebsockets/tree/master
websocket-server: https://github.com/edudev/web-reply

Emil Dudev