[Sugar-devel] Collaboration support for sugar web activities

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Sun Jan 12 15:32:54 EST 2014

Nice.
It's why I think we need to separate the "data exchange" part of the API to
the "network handling (invitation, ...)" part.
Suraj and I worked on a first functional overview of what the presence API
mean [1].
We hope to start a first implementation of a prototype of both the backend
and the front end of this functional API using Web Sockets.
Regarding webRTC peer to peer is theoretically possible but, in practice it
need a least a "signaling server".
The only true peer-to-peer webRTC implementation we've found is from Chris
Ball (an old OLPC guy !) [2] but it need to use a specific Firefox version
and don't work on Chrome.

              Lionel.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FZRv0gSV--5Y4dvV9C9dk9K-LT7kEQEwQmX_xVX9H-s