[Sugar-devel] Collaboration support for sugar web activities

Emil Dudev emildudev at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 13:01:03 EST 2014

About the telepathy part to send only the invites and establish the
connection:
I can't seem to be able to complete the invitation accepted process.
Sometimes it works, sometimes not (mostly not). For normal sugar activities
it's the same (with the exception that with them it mostly works, at least
I think it works).
Exchanging the TogetherJS ID is not a problem. The invited user can't seem
to connect to the telepathy channel properly.
As you noted above, it's a protocol mess.
If telepathy is completely dropped for web activities, then a question
arises: how to send the invite with the unique ID?

Also, I still don't like using 1 server and having everything else depend
on that 1 server. The server would most likely have to process a lot of
traffic.
Would it be possible to use a peer to peer connection with web sockets?
Browsers don't support this, with reason. But if sugar's core is used, it
should be possible.

Emil Dudev