[Sugar-devel] Minutes of #fedora-qa meeting future of soas spin and sugar-desktop in fedora

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 10:06:06 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Thomas Gilliard <satellitgo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Minutes of #fedora-qa meeting:
>   Meeting ended Mon Jan  6 17:05:52 2014 UTC. Information about MeetBot at
> http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot .
>
>  Minutes:
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-01-06/fedora-qa.2014-01-06-16.00.html
>  Minutes (text):
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-01-06/fedora-qa.2014-01-06-16.00.txt
>  Log:
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-01-06/fedora-qa.2014-01-06-16.00.log.html

> Fedora is in the process of setting up a split into 3 distros: (
> fedora.next)
> #fedora-base
> #fedora-server
> #fedora-workstation
>    pushing to a gnome3 (workstation for administrators)
>
> There is a push to drop the DVD and only do lives.
> I am worried that the soas spin and sugar-desktop may get lost in the
> shuffle.
> We need to participate on #fedora-qa and lobby for our fedora future.

While we should actually be actively participating in Fedora QA anyway
because we derive a lot of value from the work Fedora QA does the
point you make is completely incorrect and invalid. There is no threat
to sugar from being dropped, in fact the only threat of it being
dropped is the Sugar communities lack of general involvement other
than a few people.

Thomas please get your facts remotely close to being correct before
posting something that is completely false and misleading.

Peter