[Sugar-devel] Porting the application I started (chess_learning) to Web application

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 14:50:26 EST 2014

>> Chances are:
>>
>> a. your activity has scrollable content (Get Things Done for example)

This is my preferred method in applications I am used to develop in Java
(with the Swing GUI library). Meanwhile, I am wondering whether this is the
best strategy in order to augment the user experience in the XO.

>> b. your activity adapts to the available space (Gears for example)

Maybe I should check how this is done in Gears.

There is also another point that could improve my development work :

as my project LearningChess should be "divided" into several subactivities
(one for the very basical moves, one for the main special moves such as
castling/en-passant prise/promotion..., one for the won/lost/draw game
state), no doubt that there will be common code between the different
activities.

So I am seeking for a way to share some code/ressources from a common
repository reserved for that purpose, to the different official activities
: is that simple to do in Github (so in Sugar gitorious) ? Or maybe, the
best way to develop this learning is to develop a single activity from
which I add a single menu ?

Regards