[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] language section in control panel

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 17:30:06 EST 2014

Just FYI, I've done some refactoring of the language control panel in
an attempt to make it a bit easier to navigate [1]. So far, I've
pulled out the country into a separate combo box from the language
itself. The idea is to search for language and then refine the search
by country. This reduces the length of the initial search
significantly as many languages have many country-specific codes.
However, the language list is still really unwieldy. I am going to
replace the combo boxes with palettes in a manner similar to what I
did with the journal search filters [2]. Stay tuned.

[1] https://github.com/walterbender/sugar/commit/59d09d6dde042dee60c4d744b45b76270f025cba
[2] https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/265

-walter
--