[Sugar-devel] Best time format for logging?

Nagarjuna G nagarjun at gnowledge.org
Fri Feb 28 10:36:48 EST 2014

On Friday, February 28, 2014 09:12:58 AM Walter Bender wrote:
> It seems time on activity is an oft-requested feature. IMHO, we should
> maintain those data in the activity instance metadata like we do
> launch times et al. Should be a fairly straight-forward patch.
>
> (My rationale is that making it part of the activity metadata, it is
> accessible to the Sugar user -- part of the effort to "make learning
> visible" to the learner, not just the administrator.)

On of the requirements of our work is to have the log time in millisecond, or
microseconds if possible.  We would  like to measure response times in Chat activity.
Often, multiple responses can be  seen within one second when a group is chatting,
which does not allow us to  calculate the response times.  We did tweak our local
instance of Chat activity to  write logs with microseconds.  But it will be good if this
feature is available across  all activities.

--
GN