[Sugar-devel] Fwd: [b2g] Introducing B2G to x86

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Wed Feb 26 20:46:59 EST 2014

james wrote:
 > On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:55:36AM +0100, Christian Stroetmann wrote:
 > > For sure, there is the One Tablet Per Child (OTPC) respectively One
 > > Pad Per Child (OPPC) project by my business division intellitablet
 > > since July 2012 (see [1]).
 > > You are contracted by OLPC? So, please could you take a look and
 > > tell me when the OLPC announced their tablet computer.
 >
 > No, I do not have access to those records.
 >
 > Relying only on public record, http://blog.laptop.org/ the multi-child
 > XO Tablet manufactured by Vivitar and OLPC was announced as available
 > for retail sale at Walmart.com on July 16 2013.  There was an
 > announcement before that on January 9 2013 associated with CES.

 > > [1] intelliTablet Announcement One Tablet Per Child (OTPC) and One
 > > Pad Per Child (OPPC/OP²C) #1
 > > www.ontomax.com/newsarchive/2012/july.htm#17.July.2012

from the pictures at that link, it seems to be related to the XO-3,
which, while under developmentd for a very long time, was never
released, nor produced in more than prototype quantities.  and, it was a
very different beast than the "XO Tablet" produced by vivitar.  (i
know that james knows this -- i'm just clarifying for others.)

paul

 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org