[Sugar-devel] Fwd: [b2g] Introducing B2G to x86

Christian Stroetmann stroetmann at ontolab.com
Wed Feb 26 10:30:04 EST 2014

Aloha

I would like to inform you all about the following points:
1. We have registered our project Sugarfox (TM), publicated on the 9th
of October 2013 ([1]), at Mozilla Firefox OS and its related marketplace
with the creation of a partner account for our company with the
following short description:

Sugarfox brings the learning environment Sugar in its web version based
on HTML and JS together with the Firefox OS.

2. To port Boot to Gecko (B2G) respectively Firefox OS on X86 was
already started around the year 2012 by some Mozilla supporters
(actually looking for the old informations led to [2]).
3. Because you are developing Sugar Web Activities on the web browser
(rendering) engine WebKit, it might be better to take our other proposed
project Boot to WebKit (B2W; [3]) for a fully HTML, CSS and JavaScript
based Sugar, though this should not be needed at all due to the
interoperability of the applied web technologies.

Personally and honestly, I am not very interested in programming for
Sugarfox, because of another related project that is the updated
respectively extended version of B2W now called Boot to WebCore, which
should get our C++Core based on the Cling C/C++ interpreter besides the
still optionally available JavaScriptCore. For sure, this could become
another option for the Sugar learning environment. Nevertheless, you can
ask me everything related with software technology, software
architecture and so on.

Have fun
Christian Stroetmann

[1] www.ontomax.com/newsarchive/2013/october.htm#09.October.2013
[2] Hacking Gaia
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Platform/Gaia/Hacking
[3] Boot to WebKit and Boot to WebCore
www.ontonics.com/innovation/pipeline.htm#boottowebkit