[Sugar-devel] Docs for sugar-runner?

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 17:33:33 EST 2014

Hello,

sugar-build is not obsolete. If you want the very latest sugar from git or
an approach that works independently from the linux distribution you are
using, it's the way to go.

sugar-runner is just a script to run sugar without setting it up as a
separate login manager session, it replaces sugar-emulator. You can use
sugar-runner inside sugar-build (through the osbuild run command). Or you
can use it directly if you distribution has recent enough sugar packages
(on Fedora 20 for example).

Is that clear enough?

On 21 February 2014 22:26, James Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com> wrote:

> Awhile back we stopped using sugar-build and started using sugar-runner.
> So the docs at developer.sugarlabs.org should be obsolete. I've been
> trying to find any information at all on sugar-runner and I've come up
> empty. Can somebody point me to some?
>
> I'm trying to update the "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" book and under
> development environment setup I had a section considering the pros and cons
> of using sugar-jhbuild, later revised to sugar-build.
>
> Maybe I'm just confused. If you wanted to check out the latest Sugar code
> and run it on your desktop how would you do it?
>
> James Simmons

Daniel Narvaez