[Sugar-devel] PyGame/ Sugargame issues with GTK 3

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Wed Feb 19 13:37:28 EST 2014

> Manuel,
>
> I am aware of the test Activity. I wrote this chapter on using PyGame to
> develop Activities:
>
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/make-your-own-sugar-activities/making-activities-using-pygame/
>
> The code changes to sugargame to make it recognize the plus and minus keys
> aren't hard to figure out, and I could correct my personal copy of
> sugargame. I was a bit surprised to find that while so much has changed in
> Sugar since I wrote the book but sugargame still isn't an official part of
> the Sugar API. It's been a couple of years now.

Personally I don't see any reason to have sugargame inside Sugar.  We
are few to maintain it so the less code, the better.

Sugargame is a module with only two Python files.  So there is not
much overload.  In Sugar Web we opted to bundle the modules inside
each activity, and many projects are doing the same.  There were long
threads in this mailing list about the pros and cons.

Cheers,

--
.. manuq ..