[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Backup/Restore

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Tue Feb 18 07:24:15 EST 2014

Forwarding another message from Tony.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tony Anderson <tony at olenepal.org>
Date: 2014-02-17 22:07 GMT-03:00
Subject: Backup/Restore
To: manuq at laptop.org

Hi,

A footnote. I think one easy way to make the nick setting effective is
to restart via a three-finger salute. This was
a very important capability that we lost after 0.84 (as I recall).
Yesterday, I had a student who had (through impatience) started so
many activities that the XO was not responding. It was necessary to
shut down and do a cold start. The
ctl+alt+del would have been a more effective answer.

One extra would be to allow a dual-restart, i.e allow the user to
restart either desktop after ctl+alt+del. That would be much easier
than the current procedure.

Tony

--
.. manuq ..