[Sugar-devel] Depend on NetworkManager 0.9.9 for Sugar 0.102

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Mon Feb 17 09:32:23 EST 2014

We can't move to F20 in XOs, then from our point of view,
would be good make it compatible with NM 0.9.8

To identify version, in my system I can do:

from gi.repository import NMClient
client = NMClient.Client()
client.get_version()

'0.9.8.1'

Is this good enough?

Gonzalo

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>wrote:

> Here is the patch btw
>

> https://github.com/FGrose/sugar/commit/102dd5f2147a4ddb0ce516f2d1c5907defbbba93
>

> On 17 February 2014 15:13, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Frederick Grose posted a pull request which hides the wireless control
>> panel bits if no wireless device is present. To work properly that requires
>> NetworkManager 0.9.9 which is in F20.
>>
>> I suppose this would mostly affect OLPC. I don't know if there are plans
>> to move to F20 with 0.102. I tend to think we should do this only if we are
>> not going to cause XO issues.
>>
>> An option would be to enable the new "feature" only on recent enough
>> NetworkManager but I'm not sure there is a good way to do that.
>>
>> Opinions?
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Narvaez
>>

> --
> Daniel Narvaez

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Learning Software for children