[Sugar-devel] [GSoC]: Interested in contributing to sugar labs

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 11:28:44 EST 2014

The best way to get a handle on the code base is to look at the
instructions on developer.sugarlabs.org on setting up the build
environment.

Specific to Turtle Blocks, you can running it in Sugar or from GNOME.
(There is a Javascript/HTML5 version in the works as well).

The basic idea behind this task is to come up with a design for 3D
Logo as per Reggini's work in the 1980s and add a Turtle Blocks
extension.

-walter

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM, anirudh vemula <vvanirudh at icloud.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in participating in GSoC 2014 and 'Sugar labs' is a
> prospective organisation for me to work on owing to my experience in python
> coding. I had a look at the summer of code ideas page in the developer wiki
> of sugar labs. One project caught my eye 'Turtle art 3D', I have read about
> the support for turtle art and turtle blocks in sugar and I am keen to work
> on this. Can anyone direct me how to go about understanding the code base of
> sugar and how to approach this particular project?
>
> Thanks
> Anirudh Vemula

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs