[Sugar-devel] Using Sugarizer as development environment for Sugar Web Activities

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Sun Feb 9 12:18:02 EST 2014

Hi all,

As you know, it's not really simple for beginners to start writing Sugar
activities.

The capacity to write Sugar Web activities had lower the barrier for new
developers because no Python/Gtk knowledge is need today.
By the way, the need to have a Sugar working environment (using osbuild) is
still a barrier for web developers not familiar with GNU Linux stuff.

It's why I've adapted the "Write your own web activity" documentation to
allow using Sugarizer [1] too as development environment for Sugar Web
Activity.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-docs/blob/master/activity.md

It has to be improve because Sugarizer use today a different sugar-web
framework so it's difficult to create directly a working ".xo" package with
Sugarizer.
However, I think it's a good beginning for those of you that are interested
to start quickly to write its own web activity: you only need a browser and
a text editor and every platform will work (GNU Linux, MacOS or Windows !).

Enjoy !

Best regards from France.

               Lionel.

[1] http://sugarizer.org