[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Notifications

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Tue Feb 4 15:42:49 EST 2014

2014-02-04 Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org>:

> IMHO, keep all the notifications in one single place, like here
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Proposals/Notifications#Alternative_corner_history_design
>
> would make easier locate them, instead of needing look in every activity palette.

I would go for one or the other, but not for a mix of the designs.
The pros and cons are already depicted in the wiki, and I think the
first proposal is more developed and covers all the considerations.
And the best of all is that is almost implemented, with Sam and Martin
efforts.

> If we implement the notifications in the activity palette, we need add a badge to the activity icon as in
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Proposals/Notifications#Notification_badges
>
> to help the user know about the issue.

Yes, the badge is a must for this design.

--
.. manuq ..