[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] JOURNAL+

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Mon Feb 3 09:37:06 EST 2014

+1 to all the points from manuq.

I love have this view integrated, may be not as a replacement, but as a
optional view for the journal,
but we need care about all the details.

> > There is the action text (Logged, Did a, Wrote) which is set like this:
> (In activity.info)
> >
> > action_text = Watched
>
> - good idea!  Apart from the action text in activities, there can be
> Journal entries not tied to activities.  This happens for example if
> you copy a file from a USB stick, or if you download a file from
> Browse.  We should consider those cases.  Maybe a general text like
> "Got a.. [image icon] 2 days ago".

I (with my activity maintainer hat) want remember to the sugar maintainers
you need be careful about making changes needing changes in all the
activities.
right now we have almost 500 activities, with different grade of maintainer
response,
and usually take a time to make these changes.

Also remember we need these words translated to the languages of our users,
and in these particular case, we will need modify the toolkit to allow the
translation
of this new translatable string in the activity.info file.

I still remember the work we did for the summary field,
and I confess am a little frustrated to not be able to show it in the sugar
ui yet.
Maybe now we can work to include it in 0.102

Gonzalo