[Sugar-devel] Adding information about the repository to activity.info file

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 15:01:10 EST 2014

Can I suggest that if we are going to touch the .info files, we also
consider adding the maximum participants field (it is probably
possible to compute from a simple examination of the code -- maybe a
good GCI task). Having this in activity.info makes it easier to test
for in the Sugar Shell, allowing us to finally honor the limit on
participants suggested by activity.max_participants.

Any other changes to activity.info we should be considering now?

-walter

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> One problem we have right now, already discussed multiple times,
> is that we don't have a way to know given a .xo file
> where are the sources stored.
> I proposed add a "repository" field to the activity.info file,
> and I already added that field to my activities.
> If you are lazy like me, could found useful this script:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/~gonzalo/update_repo_information.sh
>
> Use with precaution :)
>
> --
> Gonzalo Odiard
>
> SugarLabs - Software for children learning

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org