[Sugar-devel] Just wondering

Jerry Vonau me at jvonau.ca
Fri Dec 19 19:22:41 EST 2014

Hi Sam,

> On December 19, 2014 at 5:40 PM "Sam P." <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> Hi Jerry,
>
> I would guess that it does require X.  The rational for using
> BundleRegistry is that it emits all the right signals to the gui of
> sugar,
> which requires X.
>
> I havn't tested it against OOB, but maybe I could add a "--no-registry"
> option in sugar-install-bundle?  Would that fix the issue?

I'll defer that to quozl as he is the reporter and the current maintainer
of OOB. I haven't looked at other distros yet, but mktinycorexo would
suffer the same fate. Given the low priority assigned to the bug I'd revert
and not break other scripts that might be out in the wild.

Just my thoughts,

Jerry