[Sugar-devel] Widget to show a notification message with a link

Jerry Vonau me at jvonau.ca
Wed Dec 10 17:10:14 EST 2014

> On December 9, 2014 at 6:59 AM Gustavo Duarte <gus.duarte at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> I checked this file, and there are these entries, already, as is showed
> bellow.
>
> text/html                                  org.laptop.WebActivity
> application/xhtml+xml             org.laptop.WebActivity
> application/xml                        org.laptop.WebActivity
>
> However, it doesn't work, Firefox is opened when I click on a link of
> notification message.

Note that x-scheme-handler/http is not present, did you try adding:
x-scheme-handler/http                   org.laptop.WebActivity
to mime-defaults?

The result *should be* the same as changing the default with xdg-mime but
just for the sugar processes, that is your goal correct?

> May be this behaviour could be, due
>
> 1) Sugar is running in Ubuntu.
>
> 2) Only happens on links inside notification messages, no other way to
> test open a link comes on my mind, at this moment.
>
> I'll try on Sugar running on XO/Fedora

>From Sebastian reply,

xdg-open http://sugarlabs.org/

Prior to adding the above line the webpage would not load at all(closes
terminal). This appears to work with the altered mime-defaults as above on
XO's here but it doesn't look like the browse activity, more
like epiphany.

Jerry