[Sugar-devel] A Better ASLO

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Sun Apr 27 02:57:44 EDT 2014

I think it might be relevant to point out we've already discussed some
of these issues and even the implementation is alive in current Sugar
Network effort.

Discussion about .xo limitations and dependency resolve feature:
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2009-December/021522.html
packagekit-backend-presolve:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/packagekit-backend-presolve

Also I think relevant for the subject of "New ASLO" is the Sugar
Network API.
It exposes ASLO's data and provides a user feedback layer (comments and
such).
It's designed to stay in sync with ASLO or in effect be the backend of
a "New ASLO" effort.
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Network/API
List of activities
http://node.sugarlabs.org/context?type=activity&offset=0&limit=50
Be sure to see the object model and maybe check out the webui at
http://network.sugarlabs.org/

Sorry for sharing so many links. I hope we can push together in the
same direction as I see we are moved by the same goals.

Alsroot is the developer of the Sugar Network node, so I'm adding him
on cc:

Regards,
Sebastian